This simple, yet elegant system is ideal for accurate, repeatable measurements of optical filters, glass and ophthalmic lenses.
We’ve combined our expertise in miniature spectrometers and accessories with experience as a manufacturer of precision optics to create a compact system for real-time transmittance measurement of ophthalmic lenses and other optical components.
The Optical Transmittance Spectrometer (OTS) is ideal for both in-line and in-lab applications where transmittance accuracy (to +/- 1.0%) and precision (+/- 0.1%) are critical. Common applications include measurement of optical coatings, windows and filters, and glass and plastic components.
About the System
The OTS covers the 380-780 nm wavelength range and accepts samples from 10-150 mm in diameter and up to 10 mm thickness. The system comprises several components:
- High-resolution miniature linear CCD-array spectrometer configured for 380-780 nm
- High-power, 20-watt tungsten halogen light source
- Fiber optic integrating sphere for collecting signal transmitted through the sample
- Optics for improved beam collimation and spectral sensitivity distribution
- Sample fixture (z-stage) to hold sample in place and exclude ambient light
- Short optical fiber to channel signal from the integrating sphere to the spectrometer
- Customized lens transmittance and color calculation software