Custom Optical Filter
At Optical Filter Shop, our specialty is precision optical coatings. Our primary product focus is on optical filters for imaging and sensing products. With decades of engineering experience in thin films and advanced optical coating platforms, we supply solutions from scalable original equipment manufacturer (OEM) production to standard filter samples.
Our goals lie in meeting the throughput, expected performance and cost requirements of our valued customers.
Optical Filter Shop’s existing inventory consists of hundreds of filter options in various sizes and shapes. We offer bandpass, edge and color filters that cover ultraviolet (UV), visible (VIS), near-infrared (NIR) and short-wave infrared (SWIR) wavelengths. We also supply various specialty filters, like 45-degree, anti-reflective (AR) windows, linear variable and neutral density filters. Additionally, Optical Filter Shop stocks a complete line of miscellaneous optical supplies, including collimation testers, optical flats, reflectance standards and multispectral imaging devices.
Our customization process is often as simple as choosing the filter type, dimensions and shape you need.
Custom Optical Filters
At Optical Filter Shop, our top priority is producing a coating or filter that maximizes the efficiency and performance of your application. Our designers focus on all of your system requirements while also considering manufacturing tolerance, operating temperature and other vital factors. Our team is well-versed in a wide range of design techniques and coating technology, including several innovative methods we’ve developed ourselves.
Our engineers will select the most beneficial materials and techniques to achieve peak performance for your design specifications. Our strict customization and manufacturing standards will ensure your optical filter meets or exceeds your expectations. Our areas of specialty include:
- Thin-film engineering: Developing and improving coating designs and processes to advance the applications of optical filters.
- Advanced magnetron sputtering (MSP): A vacuum-coating process that joins multiple materials using a specially-formed magnetic field applied to a diode sputtering target.
- Ion-assist deposition (IAD): A variation of standard e-beam technology that uses a high-energy ion beam directed at the material, making the evaporating film denser and resulting in better durability and improved moisture resistance.
In addition to our engineering processes, we can also integrate two or more coating options into the same filter to enhance color and optimize performance. Another method of improving the performance of our filters involves pairing two different designs together. Several designs that combine well with others include:
- Color correction filters.
- Patterned color filters.
- Color gobos.
- UV and IR filters.
- Cold mirrors.
If you’d like to try a design without committing to a large volume purchase, our stock filters can provide you with a cost-effective option for testing, sampling or prototyping.
Ordering Optical Filters by Measurement
At Optical Filter Shop, we make ordering custom filters easy. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Select your filter: We have an inventory of over 400 different types of filters.
- Choose your shape: Pick from a rectangular or circular filter.
- Enter the dimensions: Tell us the required dimensions and we’ll cut your filter to that size.
Contact Optical Filter Shop for Custom Filters Today
Whether you need a stock filter, a custom filter, optical supplies or design assistance for a specific application, the engineering team at Optical Filter Shop is ready to help. Contact us today and one our team members will be in touch shortly with more information.