Neutral Density Filters
PIXELTEQ’s neutral density filters (ND) split the incoming beam into a reflected and transmitted at a pre-defined ratio. These coatings are uniform across the whole surface to prevent interference with optical sensing or imaging. ND filters are frequently used to optimize the signal level for detection, or to balance multiple inputs.
OEM Custom Options
Custom OEM neutral density filters are available to match specific beamsplitting ratios, wavelength, angle and package requirements – engineered for your specific optical devices. In addition to customized neutral density coatings, the optics are delivered in the form to fit your application – in specific substrates, shapes, and sizes.
Neutral density (ND) filters windows are commonly matched or combined with other types of filters to optimize performance in your specific application. In many cases, an optimized OEM design combines multiple coatings onto the same optic to enhance performance, size, and weight of the device. Some of these complementary filter types include:
- AR coatings: Neutral Density filters are available with a broadband or custom-tuned anti-reflection (AR) coating on the rear surface.
- NIR blocking filters: Si-based photodiodes, CCD or CMOS sensors are sensitive to near infrared light – so blocking these wavelengths enhances contrast in the visible light range. Unlike absorption glasses, these dichroic filters provide excellent transmittance and cut-off slope. They also provide predictable blocking performance independent of glass thickness – helpful for device size and assembly.
- Optical sensors
- Light barriers
- Balance multi-wavelength devices
- Light engine & projection equipment
- Neutral filtering over the visible range
- Excellent environmental durability
- Optional filters to improve sensor performance
- Custom OEM options (ratio, wavelengths, angles)
Quantity Discount Buy 2 to 5 filters and save 10% Buy 6 to 9 filters and save 20% Buy 10 to 15 filters and save 25% For orders of more than 15 it is recommended to contact us for better pricing.